Requirements For Active Sisters
Each semester, each sister must attend at least 5 chapter meetings and complete at least 15 or 18 hours of service through ESA-approved events (organized by the Community Service Chair or Executive Board).
*If there is Rush, then sisters only need to complete 15 hours of service, but when there is no Rush period, sisters need to complete 18 hours of service
*Seniors only need to complete 12 hours during the semester they are graduating
- If you arrive at an event (or to the meeting place for the event) more than 10 minutes late, you will lose credit for one hour of the event. After 10 minutes, the Event Coordinator and the other sisters will leave the meeting place and go to the event.
- If you arrive at an event more than 30 minutes late, you will get no credit hours for it. However, it is still required that you show up to the event. If you do not show up at all, it will count as a missed event.
- Event Coordinators will notify the ESA Secretary of a sister's tardiness when sending attendance and hours.
- An unexcused event is one not pertaining to the influence of illness or emergencies and one where the assigned sister or replacement has not contacted any of the required e-board members in the outlined form.
- In the event of a conflict, the sister is responsible for finding her own replacement (another ESA sister). Once a sister finds a replacement, she must email the EC to notify her of the change.
- An unexcused event is one not pertaining to the influence of illness or emergencies and one where the assigned sister or replacement has not contacted any of the required e-board members in the outlined form
- In the event of an illness of emergency, more than 24 hours before the service event, a sister must contact the President or one the Co-Vice Presidents or the Parliamentarian or Community Service Chair by email. If it is within 24 hours of the event, the sister must contact the President or one of the Co-Vice Presidents or the Parliamentarian or the Community Service Chair by email and by phone. The responding e-board member will then notify the Event Coordinator for the service event.
- If a sister misses an event:
- First Time: The number of hours of the unexcused event are added to the sister's service requirement.
- Second Time: The double number of hours of the unexcused event will be added to the sister's service requirement for the semester (for example, if a sister misses a two-hour event, she will then be required to complete an additional four hours of service by the end of the semester). The sister will also meet with the Community Service Chair to figure out the best plan of action for scheduling service hours. The sister will also go on immediate probation.
- Third Time: The sister will meet with the Standards Board to determine if she should be inactive.
- During a probation semester, acquiring one "missed event" results in the sister's inactivation for one semester.
- If the meeting and service requirements of ESA are not met, the sister will go on probation for the following semester.
- During a probation semester, failure to complete the meeting and service requirements or acquiring one "missed event" results in the sister's inactivation for one semester.
- An inactive sister does not participate in any ESA events, attend ESA chapter meetings, or pay dues.
- Sisters are allowed to take one semester of inactive status during their membership with ESA, and return to active status the next semester. The specific terms of this inactive semester is, if the sister is physically attending GWU and has discussed the reasoning for inactivity with the President and Co-Vice Presidents.
- If, after two consecutive semesters of inactive status, a sister wishes to reactivate her status, she must rush the following rush period. Under special circumstances, an inactive member may remain on probation for an extra semester at the discretion of the President, Co-Vice Presidents, Parliamentarian and Standards Board.
- If the membership standards are violated in any other way, or if disciplinary action is required, a meeting will be held with the sister, Parliamentarian and Standards Board. to determine an appropriate course of action.